Nov 12, 2012 - 12:12am

- Transmission from Anonymous


Wow, wife and I haven't seen or heard from anyone in so long, I was curious if we ever would again until I stumbled across this blog which still seems to get posts. Most of what's left of the internet seems to be down or unconnected, and I guess that's like what we're living right now.

After the last batch of walking dead came across our hold out, I lost track of how many we've taken down since this all started. The smell is awful, though the dry desert air helps to dessicate them quickly, and I can only imagine what it must be like in more humid areas. The wife is getting better at relaxing when she pulls the trigger, and those first few, she was just wasting our precious ammo. I'm glad for all the time we spent at the range before the outbreak, but can't seem to get my mind off of how much ammo that cost us, and how I wish I had that ammo right now. even the few thousand rounds we have left don't feel like enough. 

Food is holding out. The canned foods my wife over bought at the grocery store at my heeding back when the virus was first reported on the news has come in handy. I think the best tasting thing to eat is the canned peaches, because you get the sweet taste and the syrup for something to drink. We only have a few cans of those left, and my wife is leaving them for me - I may save the last one for special occasion. The grocery store was cleaned out faster than I could have imagined, and after 3 days there were just bare shelves and a bullet-riddled body; I guess there was a fight over something at some point, and it was a survivor, of sorts...

Water is going to be a problem. The 30-gal tanks we stored with the occasional rainwater are down to about 5-6 gallons a piece, and my Katadyn Hiker is getting harder and harder to pump. Wish I bought more filters when they were available. At this rate, we'll run out of water supply before the filter breaks, and I'm starting to think about jumping some fences to get at my neighbor's half-filled pools. Though the water is rancid, it's risky - both for coming up against the roaming undead, and water quality.

Can't wait for the government anymore, as it seems they've pulled out. We haven't seen a Humvee is weeks, and even the gunfire is quieting down at night. We're not the only ones running out of ammunition.

I'm at wits end about trying to venture out, because if I leave my wife here and something happens to me - what will happen to her?

- End of Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are Alive. Post your transmission.