Aug. 29, 2009 - 8:52pm

I was outside for 9 hours.

The objective I set for myself in finding fuel for the generator was a success. However the situation outside has changed.

In the morning twilight, thinking hard on my options as I opened my 36 gun safe, I chose my STAG AR because of the illuminated reticule of which the Eotech 512 offeres in low light conditions. The rifle is solid and has proven to be a very reliable AR. I should get around to posting a picture of this stick. God bless this Country and the right to bear arms, for without which my family would be absolutely defenseless right now.

I left my home the same way as before, with the same ritual. call me superstitious. My wife shouldering the full stacked AK-107 over her back like she would with one of her Prada purses, as she sealed the window. Instantly I was under open sky, my senses went into overdrive with the influx of adernaline. Kneeling next to the window I looked up through the crack, wispering one last time to my wife.

"I love you Baby. I will be back as soon as I can."

Then I took off jogging lowto the ground into to the small township fields behind my house, then across in the neighboring street back yard of row homes. Hugging the treeline and homes to hide my movement as much as possible, heading towards my first objective. Fuel. Since the begining off all this my gut senses have told me be as silent as a shadow, and to not attract attention. I was right. This was my first lesson, and the first mistake I made.

There are bodies EVERYWHERE. I did not notice them at first, as I headed on my course. I did not notice them untill I made my first auidible sound.

My first objective, was to find Gasoline. I found this at the traffic light intersection at my house.

All the cars within my neighborhood are either torched or have driven away. Probably chocking the highways abandoned, or worse. A few wrecks line the streets though, but they are FUBAR. On my first recon, I noticed a massive 10 car (at least) pile up. A massive 4 way intersection collision. Most cars, some SUV, and one large flatbed heavy duty truck. Looks like when the power went out, so did this accident. Which must have been one of the many explosions we have heard since then broadcasting across the sky.

Some of the cars have already been tapped. Every drop of gasoline syphoned out. But not every car was empty on gas. Most of the vehicles interiors where empty, but a few, ....god ....help us all.....I cannot describe in words the carnage inside those crushed metal cabins. Im not a surgion and have never seen major truama like that before, but from what i could see they looks like they have been feasted upon. My god those poor souls.

Whatever I found scavaging outside, I knew I could not bring back to my house directly. It would cause to much attention to the specific location of my home. I would have to stash it close by in a hide and come back for it in the middle of the night to bring into the house.

I carried along with me the two 5 gallon gas cans I had. I was worried it wasnt going to be enough to take back. I resolved this issue in finding a large black 55 gallon drum the flatbed truck was carrying. Most importantly was the fact that the inside was clean and free from debry. Apart from a few dings and scratches from the collision, it was peftect for what I would need.

55 gallons of Gas is to heavy for one person, so I had to roll the drum back to a safe stash location. Then I would fill it up 10 gallons at a time with my two red cans.

On my last trip, as I topped off the last gas can, I made my first critical mistake.

I was so overjoyed with what i had accomplished a laughed for the first time since all this happend. I made a sound.

This is where it all turned to hell.

As my back was turned, the first of the Dead came at me...

I must let the batteries charge now.
But before I do it is essential i get these next few transmissions out.

1 comment:

  1. In need of help
    Hey it is luckysuzy im hideing in my home with my dogs and cats 2 dogs and 3 or now 2 cats. My cat is infected by one of the zombies. I blew its head off with my shotgun. Yes I am 11 but me and my brother have been ready for this since I was 4 he was 14 at the time but since he turned 18 he got some guns.

    AK-47 46 of them
    shotguns about 17 to 20
    and some I cant name.

    He got killed by a zombie and now im all alone and hideing downstairs in a basement thing me and him made and i cany hear them banging on my door that i tride to board up but they broke in and i can see them by a one way glass thing and am shooting the from the tunnel to the panic room from a hole he and I made and i need help i can see them eating my dead cat who is not so dead as i like. PLEASE HELP.


    - END TRANSMISSION

    ReplyDelete

We are Alive. Post your transmission.