Aug. 28, 2009 - 12:36pm

The strong survive.

- Transmission from miken40
Drak, what a huge relief to hear that others are dealing ok with all this. I’m in our cabin up in the Poconos with the wife and kids and we were caught completely off guard. First some reports on the radio, then we lost power, now nothing. We’re isolated up here so charged my Blackberry off the dynamo flashlight in the cabin and I took a chance hiking further down toward town to see if I could get a signal. I’m glad I found your blog ‘cause news on the web is either old or spotty and I don’t know what to believe. So far we haven’t seen any of “them” but I feel pretty good about our short term security because I brought along my 12 gauge to do some shooting. Now I’m conserving shells though because I may need it to hunt or fight. We were only supposed to be up here for a week so we only have a week’s worth of food, maybe more if we conserve. Water’s fine for now. Not sure what to do. Do we stay put or make a try for home? Starve here or risk running into “them” closer to civilization. We haven’t told the kids yet what’s going on. Why freak them out. I’ll try to stay in touch but the hike to a cell signal is about three or four miles and I don’t know if the signal will be here next time I come. If you have any advice, please post it here. Good luck.
- End of Transmission

Batteries are dangerously low. I used the last of the gas filling the generator. I have an idea on where I might find some fuel too keep the lights on.

I will reply to you all, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are Alive. Post your transmission.