Sept. 10, 2010 - 11:16pm

r00t_610

God, Im sorry for your loss. Its hard to put into writing something that I should say more, but it will never amount to what you must be feeling. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Damn, I should have been more diligent in writing my journal. It has been 97 days since your call for help went out. Your post was dated June 28, 2010 8:47 PM

I hope you alive man I really do. To answer your question, yes I know of the area. But a dead city sits between us, we must get you out of there.

We have written a collective message from all the men, women and children here and are transmitting on the few AM frequencies we can.

We are located northeast of Philadelphia. If you can get within broadcast range of our OP, our message can guide you to us.

I know the streets and suburbia are suicide to travel in alone, but if you can move fast and still have the energy and ammo to travel, we are not that far apart. We can only send out our scout convoys so far. There are roadblocks everywhere.

If you have a radio than can work within range of us in NE Phila, transmit to us we can come to your position via our scout vehicles and give you a motorized transport back.

We all hope your alive.

Please Respond back....

Drakin

--------


- Transmission from r00t_610

Drak,
I've seen you mention the Schuylkill River, where are you located? I'm contacting you from a town near Allentown. I'm assuming you know where that is.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you; I honestly have no clue how I have survived this long. My entire family is dead. They pasted about 4 months ago. I still don't know how I haven't killed myself. I mean, I guess I don't have to. The feeling of utter loneliness is slowly doing a great job of that. My food supply is running low. Every store around me has been depleted of ANY type of edible object. Giant, Don's Market; hell, even Taco Bell has nothing. Oh, the things I would do for a Chalupa right now...
I am well armed, though. I have a Bushmaster BCWA2F11.5/5.5 223 CAR 30RD that my Dad ordered a few weeks before the outbreak [Good timing, huh?] with what seems like an endless supply of ammo. I also managed to round up 4 smoke grenades and what I think are 2 frag grenades. Long story as to how I them; I don't know if they're real but eh, I can always hope.

If you are any where near me, I would be willing to travel. I will continue to check back for a response. Please, please help me.

Be safe

- End of transmission

3 comments:

  1. Drak,

    Am alive and... about as well as could be, I guess. However, the above transmission was not mine. It appears to have been from a fellow named r00t_610.

    Glad to know you're still with us. I had assumed the worst since your transmissions had stopped.

    Unfortunately, travel to you is no longer an option. My group was too close to Philly, so we headed west. That didn't last long: I knew of a tourist rail road, so we liberated one of their push-carts and wound up heading wherever the main line would take us.

    We're in Virginia now, and were fortunate enough to find another group of survivors who were willing to take us in. So we're secure for right now.

    Can't talk long: laptop's batteries are going. Praying for you all, especially you, r00t. Stay strong.

    -Raptor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transmissions are keeping me going, just knowing that humanity is finding a way to survive and communicate...There's a group of us holding up well in a small city west of Toronto. We have plenty of supplies but are lacking in the weapons department as we mainly have hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. This is the only time I've ever wished to be American so a good assault rifle wouldnt be so hard to find heh heh. Spirits are up and down but we're alive, safe and fed.

    Stay safe and best wishes to all who have found this site. Keep humanity alive!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Drak,

    It's such a relief to here back from you. I mean, fuck. I'd given up hope on you being alive. As for me, I'm doing alright for the circumstances. I've been heading south little by little since your last broadcast. How far, I'm not sure. The last sign I remember seeing was Doylestown, but that was a few days ago. I still have plenty of ammo. Ever since I got out of the city things have been pretty quiet; besides Quakertown. I'm not even gonna get into that one though. I'm praying that you're still doing fine and that the cold hasn't taken it's toll on you. I've been camping out in an 18-wheeler for the past few days. These nights are getting unbearable. I wasn't sure how long I was going to last until I found this truck. The poor motherfucker that owned it left me a nice Carhartt jacket and a shitload of twinkies. As for your broadcasts, I haven't even bothered to try out the radio in this thing. Hell, I haven't even bothered to try out a radio in a few years. What station are you guys broadcasting too? I'll be listening in the meantime. FUCK. I just heard a smash come from the trailer. I'll have to cut this off for now.

    Please hurry.

    -r00t

    ReplyDelete

We are Alive. Post your transmission.