Sept. 10, 2010 - 10:28pm

- From the words of Fargo007

Daylight. Not the best time to be out, but what is?

We are beginning to second guess our decision to remain in the house. It has been fortified well enough. We have had no entries. The dog has helped us to stay aware of them as they approach. He has no trouble detecting their stench from a distance. Having been face to face with a couple, I’m unsurprised.

The main problem is water. We had been using the creek as a water supply, filtering through a katadyn, but the water has grown increasingly foul. I don’t trust it anymore. If one of them is laying in it upstream and we drink it...

I really think our chances start to go up once we get further away from the population centers. The problem is making it out. We’ve got one running vehicle, plenty of gas, and plenty of ammo. As I see it, lack of intel on what is happening past where I am now is the biggest issue. The dog begins barking as I’m writing this. There’s one attempting to cross the creek into the backyard. Since I don’t want to poison the water for those downstream, I waited until he got over and square onto the lawn before resting the reticle right on the tip of his nose. I believed this to have (been) a neighbor up the street. Slow, so not so recently turned. The LWRC pushed back into my shoulder, and the suppressor crackled and hissed as I watched the round impact. The base of its skull detached and the head flopped backwards violently as the body continued walking forward, eventually falling backwards on its ass. I scanned as I reset the trigger. Nothing. Gun back on safe.

Great - Now there are four rotten, stinking corpses lying in the backyard in various stages of decay. The swingset and the trampoline that they lie in between have become painful reminders to my kids of how things used to be.

We cannot stay in the neighborhood anymore. We are packing up our supplies and are going to head west. I’m going to put the dog in the back seat with the kids, let the wife drive with a pistol so she can defend the cab while driving if need be, and I’ll keep a carbine and a shottie up front.

There aren’t many places that people are reporting reliably hold up, or have the resources to do so. Police stations, gun clubs and military bases seem to be the best bet. Once I get done working out a transportation plan of the best routes out of here, I think I’ll be heading for a gun club tucked away in the mountains out by Lancaster. Little place called New Holland Rifle & Pistol Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are Alive. Post your transmission.