Oct. 06, 2009 - 11:44pm

- Transmission from Raptor
Drak-

Good news and bad news.

The good news is we've managed to double our group size. I came across two of my buddies from school while out scavenging this past weekend. We've decided to movie into my house, since it's the best fortified position. We've also managed to (temporarily) solve our ammunition crisis. Our arsenal now consists of:

-AR-15 carbine w/ 1000 rounds .223
-Belgium-made AK-74 w/ 1200 rounds 5.45mm
-Mosin-Nagant 91/30 w/ 500 rounds 7.62x54mm R
-Mossberg 590 w/120 rounds 00-buckshot
-SIG P220 w/350 rounds .45 ACP hollowpoints
-Glock 19 w/200 rounds 9mm hollowpoints
-S&W Model 64 w/ 120 rounds .38 Spl semi-wadcutter hollowpoints
-Walther PPK w/ 80 rounds .380 hollowpoints

Bad news is we've managed to double our group size. The 3+ weeks worth of food we had stored up was just effectively halved. We're down to just over a week's provisions. We've been out scavenging pretty much every day. One pair goes out while the other pair stays back and guards the house. Unfortunately, food has become incredibly scarce around here. We've discussed heading west, since there's farms about forty minutes by car in that direction, but we figure it'd be futile; they were all probably picked clean weeks ago. On the other hand, this area has also been picked clean, and we're encountering more and more Zeds too.

Depending on how things pan out, this might be my last transmission for a while. If you haven't heard from me in two weeks, assume the worst.

Keep pulling, everyone. As Morris Mandel once said, "The Darkest Hour has only sixty minutes."We [i]will[/i] survive this. The human race [i]will[/i] continue. This horror [i]will[/i] end. Until that day comes, and it [i]is[/i] coming, be careful, shoot straight, and don't ever give up hope.

-Raptor
- End of transmission

8 comments:

  1. Good to see there are some people alive in this world.
    But you ppl in the US are more lucky then we are here in Germany. No guns - I have been able to get two HK P10s from two dead cops, each with 2 magazines. Do the math...
    But I don't have to travel a lot and I saw no Zed that has been able to swim so far. I holed up in a left powerplant in the middle of the Weser. I cut the flimsy bridge the leads to this smal concrete island before I made me a home here. I doubt that the parents of a friend mind that I took their lil sail yacht with me.
    So far I made several small raids into the harbour (my new home was in dire need of some furniture and communication equipment, just in case)

    So if you ppl have the ability to find a similar spot like me: get it. It's really worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. slickback here from stl area, did anyone make it out of here it was so last minute notice my party barely did....

    It began as an ordinary day for me as I was preparing to do a photo shoot for a recently engaged couple. I decided college was not for me a few months back and decided to focus on work and my faith, needless to say this event rocked both of my worlds as the afternoon sun began to rise. My friend Alex normally drives me to where I need to go since my family members bugged out to the secure spot we chose months ago for the h1n1 mutations so it was just me and him in this cancer filled town trying to make a living in the recession. I always had checked the news before I left for the weather but as soon as it came on an emergency message from the police department and cdc screamed to life.

    I had suspected a water main break mixed with vandalism like the norm but this time it was different. Alarmed citizens had reported that the dead began to rise and they just now got around to making a fucking announcement as the hospitals were flooded with bite victims who reanimated after 6 hours and went on to infect the living. I am not sure when this began since the st Louis area is the last to hear about anything. I knew this day was coming so I packed what things I had in my bag and called alex to tell him to do the same and waiting for him, while securing the location. Nothing yet on my side of town, people began to get on their roofs with whatever firearms they had and secured the entrances to every road creating check points. I grabbed my camera and began to shoot with the hopes if I died these pictures would live on so people knew what the world was before the dead began to rise. It was not long before he came and told me his girlfriend was coming along.
    Fuck, I thought to myself, I don’t need any cutesy wootsy bullshit while trying to survive this hell hole I screamed but knew she may come in handy since she was a nurse. The plan was to get to Indiana since his family lived in the country but knew it was going to be hell getting out of here. We loaded the vehicle with what we could and set out on the back roads out of town. The pictures I have taken so far are typical ones that flood the evening news channel of alarmed people preparing for their own deaths but one that disturbs me the most is one of a little girl; she could not have been no more than 7. She held her hand on the glass door as her father boarded up the frame. The look in her eyes as she held her baby doll and puppy were that of a third world, war torn shit hit the fan last night, stone cold dead.
    I am going to call this a night, i need to sleep because we are taking guard shifts and driving to get out of town. Bodies litter the streets and roads, gunshots fill the air and the moans of the undead army began to haunt into the lifeless night. If anyone is out there relay your position in Indiana and we will try to make contact. Please God let there be life… Did Alyssa even make it out of Florida…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Gods I'm not alone! I knew we couldn't be the last alive, but I had begun to wonder. Our radio was busted in the last encounter but we were able to find another one. Luckily it had a larger range and better freqs to choose from.

    Situation here seems stable but we all know that's become an illusion. Only a matter of time before more of them show up or worse, the Raiders.

    Ah, man, I can't tell you how good it is to know there are others that have survived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drak,

    We're okay so far. We've decided to head south, since winter's coming soon and we weren't equipped to handle the cold and the ice. So far so good, food and ammo are holding out okay. Only trouble is that it's tough to keep my laptop charged, and wifi hotspots are few and far between. We've had surprisingly few encounters with the undead since we moved out; I wonder if this is a sign that this is almost over?

    Anyway, it's good to see that there are still others out there. Keep pulling everyone.

    Hope you're still with us, Drak; I just noticed that you've been offline since my last transmission.

    I'm praying for you all.

    -Raptor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drak, are you still with us? Drak? DRAK?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello? Is there anyone left?

    Please contact, I can trade ammo for food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The darkness has spread to my little corner of the world. our morbid little corner has become horrifying I am holding out to the best of my ability. My thoughts are with all of you.

    ReplyDelete

We are Alive. Post your transmission.