Aug. 25, 2009 - 2:45pm

Absolute desolation.

Right outside my door.

Everything is foreign. Nothing looks the same. I thought I was prepared for what I would see, but I was not. This is already the next day after I went out, and I am still at a loss for words on how to describe this. I have been working non-stop.

When I went out, it was through the backyard kitchen window. I did not want to risk breaking the seal on the barricaded doors located in the front and back of the house. It would cause to much noise, so I quietly removed the 5 redwood planks from the window, took a deep breath, kissed my wife hard, and then climbed through the window as quietly as i could. She sealed it up after me with the deck screws, the batteries on those ryobi cordless tools are really starting to get low. They suck up so much juice.

I could still hear her cursing silently about leaving her alone as I silently stalked away in the early dawn. But I needed to know what the situation was outside, I had no choice. She knows how to defend heyself and plus she has my Stag Arms AR-15 w/eotech holographic sight and 25 stacked mags to back her up. Shell be fine for 2 hours. Dressing in my khaki eotac operator pants, desert tan USMC Boots and OD T-shirt, the gear I wore was only what I absolutely needed, or what I would consider ruggedly essential. Considering what I could see from the view of my house, the panic on the net, and the fact that the word on the street is the DEAD are RISING, I took protection very seriously.

  • Ak-107 dark plum Grips and triangle folding stock
  • 8 - 30 round 7.62x39 steel magazines
  • Multicam Esstac Bush Boar Rig holds 8 30 round magazines.
  • xd 45
  • 4 - 13 round .45 acp magazines
  • K-BAR D2 Knife Cutting tests prove that D2 is one of the toughest steels used in knife making.
  • Oakley "Gascan Frame" prescription glasses for eye protection, ear protection is foam plugs but i left those in my pocket.
  • 100 feet of paracord
  • Camel Back Hydration bladder 50 oz.
  • Bynoculars
  • Digital camera
  • Backpack with various small items such as first aid kit, ect. I really should consider with more time, everything I should have in this to keep my wife and I alive. If we ever needed to get out fast.
  • Chewy Granola bar hey its still food
But those 2 hours turned into 6. As to why, that will be for anouther journal entry. I am exausted. Just to survive, takes imeasurable energy. Then to recount everything I have witnessed.....

As soon as I returned, nervous and full of panic. Remaining as low and tight to the fence as possible, I tapped the window 5 times in a specific order. (i cannot describe to you how much hell i got from my wife being 4 hours late) When I was inside, I then determined our house is not nearly fortified enough for what is out there.

Just go on the net and read for yourself.

The quarantine zones are gone.

They are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are Alive. Post your transmission.